Friday, January 24, 2014

Grateful for Lola Belen


Ate Belen has been with us for almost 6 years (even before our baby was born) now. She is helping us in some household chores like cleaning the house, dusting the furnitures, doing our laundry and ironing our clothes. A year after our wedding, we didn't have our baby then, and both my husband and I were working full time. We were both busy and passionate with what we're doing so everytime we come home, we always found ourselves super tired and would just want to eat and then hit the sack. Realizing there's a need for help, we approached and talked to Ate Belen (she also helps in maintaining the cleanliness of the office where I used to work and my husband is currently working). She didn't think twice. She offered her service without even asking how much we're going to give her. And since she has other commitments, we asked her to work with us on a part-time basis. Then 3 years after, I got pregnant and gave birth to the most beautiful baby in the world (hehehe, pagbigyan nyo na po ako, I know every mom can relate, heehee).


Our li'l fashionista with Lola Belen at McDonalds
My mom is in the States while my mother-in-law lives in Montalban (which is quite far from us) so it was really hard for me as a new mom to take care of the baby while making the house spic and span. I would often find myself frustrated because I felt like I was not a "good enough" mother and homemaker. But Ate Belen was there to encourage me and tell me that I needed to take good care of myself first before I would be able to give my baby the love and care that I would like to bestow her. I remember the time when I was not able to wash the dishes and I felt so bad because I couldn't stand seeing the clutter in the sink, she said, "Hayaan mo na yan dyan. Ako na bahala. Kumain ka at sabayan mo ng tulog ang anak mo para may lakas ka 'pag nagising na sya. " And everytime I would thank her at that time, she was quick to say, "Eto naman, wala yun. Para na din kitang anak." Ate Belen has become a mother to me and my husband and a Lola to Wynona. Ate Belen has become a friend to us.
Lola Belen with baby at home
Last January 17th, Ate Belen celebrated her 60th birthday. As much as I would like to throw her a surprise party, for some reason I wasn't able to do it. I am hoping that one of these days we can take her out for a special lunch or dinner although I know she deserves more (we gave her a gift that hopefully she'll be happy to use :)).

Though I know she won't be able to read this, I am writing it nevertheless just because she deserves a spot here. Ate Belen is one of God's wonderful blessings to us and we are so grateful for her. I don't think we can thank her enough for the love and service she has rendered us all these years.

To Ate Belen, happy 60th birthday! May the Lord add more years to your life and may you live abundantly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment