Today, despite the pandemic, another homeschool summit is going to be held. It'll be from July 30 to August 1. Though I have been homeschooling for nine years now, I still feel the need to be equipped and encouraged; that is why I can't wait for this online summit.
A 3-day online summit happening on July 30-August 1 is set to equip families who face another school year of home-based learning. The summit is organized by a local group of homeschooling moms who have been supporting families since 2013 through their empowering events.
MANILA, Philippines — July 8, 2021 — Educating for Life (EFL), the organizer of national homeschool conferences in the Philippines since 2014, and the creator of the Philippine Homeschool Convention and Connect Homeschooling and Intentional Parenting Summit (CHIPS), is proud to present CHIPS 2021: Thrive at Home or simply #CHIPSThriveAtHome.
Driven by this same objective to help families, #CHIPSThriveatHome will feature bite-sized learning sessions for families who are already homeschooling, exploring or preparing for homeschooling, or struggling with the challenges of their kids learning at home via distance learning.
With talks focused on the sub-themes Thrive In Your Mind, Thrive in Learning, and Thrive in Family Relationships, EFL hopes to equip families with strategies for joyful homeschooling and distance learning. Through the specific parenting and family life topics of #CHIPSThriveAtHome, EFL hopes that more families will be able to cope—and even thrive—despite the pandemic.
- “Well-Being Matters: Supporting Parents'-Kids'-Teens' Mental Health” by Dr. Michele Alignay
- “Lead Your Family to Thrive: The Importance of a Father’s Presence” by Bo Sanchez
- “Mother Culture: How to Thrive When You’re With Your Kids 24/7” by Gina Guerrero-Roldan
- “How to Thrive as a Solo Parent During Challenging Times” by Professor Nina Era
- “How Homeschooling Helps Our Family’s Relationships to Thrive” by Julius and Tintin Babao
- “How to Help Your Kids Thrive in Distance Learning” by Dr. Queena Lee-Chua
- “Survive and Thrive: Stories of Homeschooling COVID-19 Survivors” by Joe and Rica Bonifacio
- “How to Keep Your Family Safe Online” by Kenneth Lingan
- “What We Learned After a Year of Distance Learning” - A Panel Discussion by Ina Arabia-Garcia, Jing jing de Guzman, Michelle Aventajado, and Pehpot Pineda
- “The Most Important Person in Your Homeschool is You” by Julie Bogart
Besides learning from all the talks, #CHIPSThriveAtHome participants will also be able to visit the virtual expo within the Summit event platform. The expo will feature products and services that will help support families in their respective home-based learning journeys. Business owners and entrepreneurs that may be interested in joining the expo may sign up here or contact Michelle Padrelanan via email@example.com.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE EVENT?
#CHIPSThriveAtHome is open to everyone who wishes to learn strategies for joyful homeschooling and distance learning. This includes parents, students (kids and teens), educators, and other people who see the importance of thriving in your mind, thriving in learning, and thriving in family relationships.
REGISTRATION PROCESS AND FEES
Registration is currently ongoing at www.educatingforlife.net
The fees are below:
Early Bird Family Learning Fee: P1500
Deadline of payment to avail the early bird rate is 11.59pm July 23, 2021
Regular Family Learning Fee: P2000
Effective July 24, 2021
Of course, #CHIPSThriveAtHome would not be possible without the support of our sponsors and partners (as of July 21, 2021);
Peniel Integrated Christian Academy of Rizal
Cross Home-School Academy