Friday, May 6, 2016

From Depressed to Determined: A Book Review



Every woman has her own dream or dreams; to become a wife and a mother, have a successful business or job, to be that person she knows she was created to be. However, after that dream has become a reality, it can't be avoided that sometimes, depression sets in. What will she do?

From Depressed to Depression: A 6- Step Guide to Thrive and Have Personal Success by Viviene Bigornia is what it's all about. Brief and concise, this e-book could be read in one sitting, but the "Your Turn" section will allow you to contemplate, ponder and do the practical steps and suggestions of the author.

What I like about this book is that the author talked from her personal experience. As I read it, I could see myself. I could relate. I believe that every woman who  maybe walking on the same path will realize she's not alone, that there's someone who had been there and was able to overcome. The author didn't dwell much on the subject of depression (nor cite cases) but on how a person can come out of it. Another thing I like about it is the 6 steps she offered are easy to follow. All a person needs is determination to be able to do them. There is also a quotable quote at the end of every chapter which I also like. For me, it summarizes the idea and thought of that chapter.

My takeaway from this book: No one is immune from depression. In one way or another, we all have experienced it. However, it's not the end of the world for us. We can come out of it, come out of it victoriously. We can achieve those personal goals we have been aiming for. We can also thrive and be successful. Someone had been there and overcome. We, you, can do it too!

This e-book is a great gift for your girl friends, moms, aunts and even for yourself. So, are you in for a little treat? This e-book is offered for FREE by Amazon today (May 7th) until the following day. Yay!  Go and download it now! After that time, the price goes back to $2.99.

After you read it, can you please come back and let me know your thoughts about this e-book? I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment