Thursday, April 7, 2016

Philippine Proverbs Book Launch: An Afternoon of Delight and Proverbs

"Kung may isinuksok, may madudukot." (Save now, withdraw later). This is one of the proverbs I have learned about when I was just a little girl. I heard my grandparents said it, my parents reiterated it (to us, their children) and one of my teachers mentioned it. It stuck to my young heart like glue that I have never forgotten it. That's why among my parents' siblings, I was the only one to open a savings account at the age of 12. Fast forward to today, I still believe in that golden adage and live by it. Now why do I remember it?

Last March 15th, I was blessed to have been invited to attend the Philippine Proverbs Book Launch. It was held in Via Mare (Oyster Bar) Greenbelt 3, Makati City. It was my first time to attend such that I didn't want to come late. I brought my daughter along and we arrived at the venue an hour early.

My daughter who was equally excited as mom. 

We were greeted by Ms. Neri, Tahanan Books' Publisher. She's so warm and friendly. She made sure that my daughter and I found a comfortable seat.

Ms. Neri, the Publisher as she welcomes all the guests to the Book Launch
While waiting, I took some photos of the venue. The decoration and set-up was altogether fitting and proper.


There was also a table for other Tahanan Books' products which are for sale.

While still waiting, my daughter and I had the obligatory or should I say, proverbial selfie. :)


Her allergy struck again that's why.
The program started with welcome remarks from Ms. Neri. A number of games was prepared while delectable snacks were served. The place was filled up with mommy bloggers (like me), friends and guests of the author and the artist.


The Proverbial Bingo
Sticky Rice and Mango

Puto Bumbong and Bibingka

Guests
The Mommy Bloggers
While we were enjoying our snacks, out of the blue, a couple "made a scene". They really caught our attention; everyone just stopped what they're doing. Before the "drama" ended they began quoting proverbs in different Filipino dialects, we then realised it was staged! Very unique!

The couple who "made a scene :)
The couple together with the author
The drama served as the introduction to the author of the book, Ms. Neni Sta. Romana-Cruz. After giving an inspiring message on how she came up with this book, the illustrator, Eisen V. Bernardo also shared his insights and experience in the making of this book. Shortly after this, the book signing followed.


The illustrator, Eisen V. Bernardo
My daughter and I with the author, Ms. Neni Sta. Romana-Cruz


It was indeed a fun and delightful afternoon. I believe that everyone went home as happy as me and my daughter. How did I know? Well, actions speak louder than words. Look at the photo below. :)


The mommy bloggers together with the author and the artist



The Philippine Proverbs Book is published by Tahanan Books. To know more about it, please visit their website, www.tahananbooks.com or their Facebook page. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment