Friday, May 18, 2018

A Family Bonding Moment at Gardenia Plant Tour and Workshop

It's been four long months since I have written here. Not so long ago, I made a decision to keep this blog active but for some reason, I always get caught up with "life" and forget that I have a blog to keep. But deep inside of me is a heartfelt cry that says, "I want to write." So here am I, writing again. Hopefully, you are still there to read and "listen".

And what better way to reboot than to write about our family's recently attended workshop. I'm not the kind of person who jumps at every workshop offered. I have three criteria that must be satisfied before signing up: 

1. If I believe it is good (or great) for my daughter and/or our family, that means, it resonates with our family's values, 

2. if the fee is reasonable/affordable or better yet, free,  and,

3. if the venue is accessible. 

If it meets my criteria, then I/we go. If not, then just stay home, haha!

I feel so blessed that my little family and I were able to go to Gardenia Plant Tour and Workshop. I would like to thank Mommy Bloggers Philippines and Gardenia for providing this occasion for mommies and kids to bond and have fun.




It was last Friday, May 4th, when my husband, our daughter, and I went to Gardenia Plant for a whole day workshop. Since we're coming from Laguna, we just went straight to the venue instead of going to Ayala to meet up with fellow moms and their kids, and then be transported to the plant using the vans provided by Gardenia. We arrived at 8:15 in the morning. There were already moms and kids there. We were greeted by Ms. Jolly, Gardenia's Public Relations Officer. 
Ms. Jolly, Gardenia's Public Relations Officer
When the entire group of mommy and kids arrived, Ms. Jolly introduced Gardenia to us, what we should expect for the day, and then led us to the workshop venue. The workshop was only for mommies and kids. However, since my husband accompanied us (and drove for me and my daughter), I asked him to join us, but of course, with the permission of Ms. Jolly. So thankful she said it was fine.

The facilitators for that day were Ate Ara and Ate Leslie. They were fun, accommodating, and perfect for the role. The children were greeted and welcomed to make them feel relaxed and comfortable. Afterwards, they were taught the Gardenia Pocket Sandwich dance steps and enjoined to dance with Gardenia's mascots, namely, Gavin, Patrick, and Selfie.






After that, a mommy-and-kid (insert daddy also here) activity was done - making and decorating a nameplate. The mommy would do the kid's nameplate while the kid would do the mommy's. For my daughter, she had to do two! She found it fun, though! 




Then more fantabulous activities followed such as, kid's game (look for Twiggies), how to bake bread, how Gardenia bread is made, kids' plant tour, parents' plant tour with kids as the tour guide, and a little skit/drama about the importance of go, grow, and glow foods. There were also short lectures on how to wash hands properly and the importance of proper nutrition and balanced diet. The morning session was finished at 11:30 and lunch was served. It was a hearty and sumptuous meal! Thank you so much, Gardenia! 















 The afternoon session resumed with a play-the-role activity at Gardenia's bakeshop. Each kid was given a chance to introduce a Gardenia product and be a cashier for a minute or two. The kids were awesome! They were really into it! Afterwards, moms and kids made rolled sandwiches, polvoron, and cake pops using Gardenia products. The best part? We ate our own creations! Yay! 











Indeed, Gardenia plant tour and workshop was a whole day of fun and excitement not just for the kids but for the parents as well. For our little family, it was so timely, since my daughter and I had just come back from our vacation outside the country. We missed our Daddy so much! What a wonderful way to bond together at Gardenia plant tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment