Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Halili-Cruz School of Ballet Meets the Bloggers

Last Monday, July 18th, I was invited to attend a bloggers' conference to meet the people behind the Halili-Cruz School of Ballet (HCSB) and to know more about it. I didn't know where the school was located so my husband took a half-day leave from his office so he could accompany me and our daughter. I know right? He's the sweetest! Well, I also thought it would be a nice bonding moment for us. Our daughter has been showing interest in ballet since she's one year old. How delightful it would be if both of us, her parents, would be around to witness her first ballet experience.


The event was to start at 2:30 in the afternoon but our little (and excited) family came a bit early. One of the perks of being an early worm is you get to take photos of the place while it is still "empty". Others are you choose to get your preferred seat and  you are able to converse with some of the prep staff.






My daughter with her new friend, Rylee
While we were waiting for other bloggers to come, the Associate Artistic Directors of HCSB, Ms. Grace Garalde-Perez and Ms. Anna Kathrina Halili-Cruz Bueno were interviewed by some media people. We were fortunate to witness this too. 

Ms. Grace Geralde-Perez

Ms. Anna Kathrina Halili-Cruz Bueno

After the interview, more bloggers arrived so the program had finally started. It was hosted by Ms. Grace Bondad Nicolas of TAG Media who gave us all a warm welcome. Then she introduced Ms. Grace and Ms. Ana to us. 

Ms. Grace of TAG Media
Ms. Ana Kathrina Halili-Cruz Bueno
HCSB was established by Shirley Halili-Cruz in 1985 to share her love and passion for dance. The HCSB Main Studio is housed in an imposing 2-storey edifice located at 1227 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City. It has 5 spacious studios (4 of which are fully air-conditioned) equipped with ideal barres, resilient wooden floors, full length mirrors, audio systems, dressing rooms, rest and shower rooms, waiting areas, ample parking space, dance shop, costume room and canteen.




In order to provide an appropriate and comprehensive program, Shirley Halili-Cruz, the school's director and founder, authored a 2-level Tiny Tots Ballet Syllabus, a 5-level Baby Ballet Syllabus and a 12-level Classical Ballet Syllabus based on the Filipino physique, innate artistic ability and culture.





The syllabi covers the different levels of ballet which HCSB offers all year round. The school enhances its program by using the following: Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing, American Academy of Ballet and the Philippine National Ballet syllabi. HCSB has developed a systematic promotion procedure that checks the progress of the students through semi-annual oral and written examination coupled with actual evaluation in both theoretical and practical aspects of the discipline. Students of HCSB also participate in a yearly International Examination with the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dance from Australia.




The school is staffed by competent teachers who are all one with the director in the vision to equip its students with the tools and rudiments of the art to uphold excellence in dance training.

The Artistic Team
Aside from the information that was shared by both Ms. Grace and Ms. Ana, they also introduced to us Ms. Shirley Halili-Cruz, the founder, through a video presentation. They also prepared a number of stunning ballet dance performances that captivated the hearts of the adult guests and charmed the little ones'.

My future ballerina and her new friends; Ms. Shirley on the video
Group Performances










Solo Performances






Tiny Tots Performance


While the tiny tots of HCSB were preparing for their performance, the guests' cygnets were invited to join. My future ballerina however was not able to do so. 


The guests' little girls surely had fun! What added to the enjoyment was, the moms were also taught some simple ballet steps and somehow relived our childhood dream (of becoming a ballerina. And yes, I did join the fun)! 



After the impressive performances of HCSB ballet dancers (and our impromptu "dance number"), the floor was opened for questions and answers. Ms. Ana was so gracious enough to answer all the queries we had in our mind about ballet. When everything was said and done, we were treated to a sumptuous snacks catered by La Milagrosa.

It was an afternoon of ballet and delight. I'm so glad I was invited and able to come to this event together with my husband and daughter. And as if that weren't enough, we were also given a gift voucher that entitles my daughter (or me) to a free 1 month of ballet classes. Now, isn't that something? 

Guests, bloggers, bloggers' kids together with Ms. Grace of TAG Media, Ms. Grace Geralde-Perez and Ms. Ana Kathrina Halili-Cruz Bueno Artistic Directors of Halili-Cruz School of Ballet

To know more about the Halili-Cruz School of Ballet, you may contact:
email: halilicruzballet@gmail.com
Instagram: @halilicruzballet
Facebook: halilicruzballet





19 comments:

  1. I find ballet so lady-like and gracious. I'm always in awe whenever I see women and men dance ballet. And of course to the little ones who dance ballet as well! It teaches the kids discipline also. Hehe! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nakakatuwa naman ang daming mommies na gustong magballerina ang mga daughter heheh. I tried enrolling Mariel once when she was in grade 1, she did not like it, nainip siya. I guess this is for dainty kids and goodluck to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My niece wanted to learn ballet unfortunately we don't have ballet lessons here. It always catches my attention seeing cute ballerinas. My dream when I was kid. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece wanted to learn ballet unfortunately we don't have ballet lessons here. It always catches my attention seeing cute ballerinas. My dream when I was kid. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see your pretty girl not just doing crafts and making pretzels but dancing as well. I pray that she be a well-known ballerina someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids are so cute. :)
    Will see in about a year more if my daughter will like ballet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh ballet! I've always been fascinated about ballet (too bad I wasn't enrolled in classes when I was young haha). Ballerinas always look so graceful and composed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello little ladies! i wanted to be one too when I was young but then again ballet didnt want me! Hahaha...nice school! i hope they let go of the notion that ballet is just for rich kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really would like my daughter to enjoy ballet. Hopefully one day she will get to enroll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was suppose to join this conference but i wasn't able to come. I'm also hesitant since i don't have a girl, only two boys. Hahaha. I love that moms got impromptu dance lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen Halili students perform in AAVA during the Christmas bazaar before. I love the enthusiasm that the kids have...and the passion was also evident. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! I just hope that my preschooler would also show interest in leerning ballet. This will surely boost her confidence and will take the pride on wearing beautiful ballerina dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my childhood dream, to be a ballerina! Haha! I'm going to enroll my toddler soon hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww I used to dance ballet when I was younger. It was a great dance training for me. I wish I still get to dance. This post made me reminisce about the good old days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was a kid because they all look pretty, dainty and elegant. Haha Now considering taking this up with my little one once she's old enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow!!! this is really awesome! I remember I once dreamed of becoming a ballet dancer, it didn't happen. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice! I'd like to see my daughter dance ballet but she doesn't like ballet and is more of into swimming..

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my childhood dream is to become a Ballerina. Seeing this girls, I feel envy because I really want to be like them. If I will have a baby girl someday, I hope she loves ballet as much as I do. The hall looks great and I'm sure their performances are very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My daughter took up ballet lessons last year, she did enjoy it! On summer 2017, I plan to enroll her again.

    ReplyDelete