Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Countdown to Christmas: My Christmas Devotions (Day 6)

Christmas decoration is not complete without the lights, am I right? I mean, a family may not be able to buy and put up a Christmas tree but the colorful and blinking lights is just a must-have. More often than not, after Christmas is over, the tree is boxed while the lights remain until I don't  know when. There's just something about these lights, do you agree?




The photos above show the first ornament that adorns our house to signify that we are excited for this much-awaited season (as well as we welcome it). It really brightens our evenings specially these days when the sun is so eager to bid goodnight. What more, since the street doesn't have lamp posts, they light the vicinity and the path going to our house. There's a sense of "it's good to be home" feeling as I see these lights whenever we come home from the mall or just taking a walk outside.

In John 8:12, Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." What a comfort to know that when the first Christmas happened, the brightest Light of all adorned the whole earth. That Light continues to shine to guide and lead us to the path of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment