Monday, July 28, 2014

An Afternoon of Learning and Fun: The Ogalala System in Play Child Development Seminar/Workshop

Last July 19th, I was one of the fortunate parents to get to see and attend the Ogalala System in Play Seminar/Workshop; it was through the invitation of Manila Workshops. I came together with my husband and daughter, which I believe was ideal. While I listened to the workshop, Daddy and baby were doing some "arts" in one corner with other children. My daughter was so excited as she used all the color pens and crayons provided by Crayola.
The attentive hubby and excited baby :)
It was a seminar/workshop led by Teacher Jo. I had fun listening to her talk as I also happily reminisced my teaching days. I felt like I was brought back to that time. Because we came in late (maybe, 15 minutes late due to heavy traffic), I wasn't able to see how the program started. I was happy enough to hear Teacher Jo as she discussed about the different learning styles of children. I am not incognizant to this idea since I also, am a teacher (by heart and by profession) and as an educator, I believe that the best way to teach a child is to teach him/her the way he/she learns.

After every short "lecture", Teacher Jo proceeded to demonstration of the idea she was trying to convey.The nice thing about it was, it's the children who actually participated with her help and the kids parent's assistance. Looking at the children's faces who joined the demo, I could say that they had fun.

Short talk/lecture
Demo with audience (kids) participation
Before the seminar/workshop ended, a Certificate of Participation was given to all the parents who registered and attended. Of course, it would not be complete without the class picture. :)

Me and my baby
Class/group picture :)
Aside from the learning that all the parents acquired from the seminar/workshop, everyone took home a snack pack from Eats Happy and some freebies from Pigeon.

Freebies
Also, I got to see again Mommy Ginger of Manila Workshops, meet for the first time, Mommy Sally of The Binondo Mommy and other mommy bloggers.

Mommy Bloggers
Moreover, there were age-appropriate toys on display that parents could look, skim over and buy. I was so excited to get the Melissa and Doug Alphabet Nesting and Stacking Blocks for my daughter because she still loves to "build tower" until now. 

For infants

For toddlers
And I was right about buying it because as soon as we got home, she played it together with her Dad. Well actually, she played it first with her Lola when we went to her house right after the seminar.

My mother-in-law and her granddaughter :)
Father and daughter :)
It was indeed an afternoon of learning and fun not just for me but also for my husband and daughter. I'm glad that we all went. :)

The Ogalala System in Play is still holding this free seminar/workshop until September. If you wish to attend or would like to know more about it, please visit Manila Workshops.


If you ever get a chance to go to this seminar/workshop, please feel free to share your experience on the comments below. I would love to hear from you! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment