Thursday, December 4, 2014

Countdown to Christmas: My Christmas Devotions

Happy Christmas! I know it's a bit late already (well, not actually), it's just that I was wanting to have my first post for this month on the first day so I would be the first one to greet you a "Merry Christmas". I got so busy with some family stuff that it took me a while. Lots of ideas for the blog make my head swim. I just don't know when and where to start.

Then one morning I woke up with this thought: I would like to share with you my daily devotion since December 1st until Christmas Day. It's sort of my countdown to Christmas with some Bible verses and meaningful insights.  I will post the verse from the Reading Plans of YouVersion Bible App in my iPhone and my thoughts on that verse for that day. I'm a bit behind schedule but I'll do my best to post the past three days' devotion then post the Day 4, all on the same date which is, by the way, today. Heehee! So here it goes.

Day 1 - December 1st
Matthew 3:3 - "This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him'".


What does it mean really to prepare the way for the Lord? Today as the first day of the busiest and most festive month rolls in, almost everyone seems getting ready to "prepare the way" for Christmas; sending out beautiful Christmas cards written with heartfelt messages, buying special and well-thought gifts for families, loved ones and friends, putting up the tallest Christmas tree and adorning the house with lovely ornaments. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing these preparations, may we also remember to make our hearts ready for the true reason why we are celebrating this season. As our own houses are ready for the festivity, may our heart and soul be found willing to receive the coming of the King.



How are you preparing your heart for Christ this CHRISTmas season? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment