Monday, January 18, 2016

Victory: My One Word for 2016

Have you ever heard about the "one word"- this is the word that you set for the coming year and make it as your guide. It brings you simplicity and focus so that whatever happens throughout the year, it'll be something to remind you to go back to how you would like your year to look like or what you want to be or even accomplish. It gives you more clarity, passion and purpose for life.

I started using "one word" in 2014. It was "hope". It was also a very trying year for me and my family but never did I lose hope. I remember I always used (hashtag) #hopefulin2014. I was not disappointed. Because hope doesn't disappoint. I didn't lose faith. Because hope enabled me to keep believing. Then came 2015. The Lord impressed in my heart the word "grace". And true enough, His grace is abounding and sufficient. A lot of changes occurred and it was God's grace that saw us through. There were times this year that I felt like we were walking through the tunnel. It was God's grace that served as the "light at the end of the tunnel" that enabled us to continue and hold on. This year, 2016, the Lord has put in my heart the word VICTORY.


It was in September 2015 when the Lord gave me His word that "He will restore what the locusts have eaten." Then the following month, He placed the word "victory" in my heart. It was confirmed then by our church's theme for the year. It was a heart-warming revelation that I was in tears. All I could say was, "Thank you, Lord."

Victory over sin and death (Salvation of my soul).
Because of God's amazing grace and through my faith in what the Lord Jesus Christ had done on the cross of calvary, I receive His gift of salvation. Jesus had already overcome sin and death, it has no more sting in my life. When life is through this side of heaven, my eternal dwelling is with Jesus in heaven. I have also overcome; Jesus has given me victory over sin and death.

Victory over sicknesses and diseases (Physical wellness).
Last year was the year I felt our health was being challenged. It was God's grace and faith in His word that sustained us. Every time I felt there was something wrong in my body, God's word was always on time to remind me that, indeed, Jesus is my Great Healer. This year, I am walking on the Lord's promises that, yes, I have already overcome! My family and I are healthy and well!

Victory over "supply and demand" (Financial breakthrough).
It was also last year that my husband and I were both unemployed. I have been a stay-at-home mom for 4 years now. It was the first time for my husband to be jobless. We took a different route last year, believing that it was where the Lord was leading us. One of life's sweet blessings though, is, when you made a detour, God will always bring you back to where you are supposed to be. And that is because of His awe-mazing grace! This year, my husband is employed again. Slowly but surely, we are making our way to clearing out all debts. We believe that before this year ends, victory is ours! 

How about you? Are you also looking for that one little word of you this year? Or do you have any habit or routine you do at the beginning of the year? Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Happy victorious and blessed 2016 to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment