Saturday, May 10, 2014

I Heart Being a Mom

Hello there! I'm back to blogging world after what seems like forever. I definitely miss writing. And though my hands are full right now (hubby is out of town for work), I know I need to right. What better way to start my blogging adventure again after a long hiatus than to write a topic that is very close to my heart... Being a mom. So, here I go!

Last month, I shared with you why I love being a mommy. I gave my top three reasons why it's great to be a mom. Also, I mentioned about an event that would allow me and other mommy bloggers to meet up with expectant moms of Nazareth Home. Three days ago, I was privileged and blessed to be a part of this gathering. 


It was conceptualized and organized by JLo, a mommy blogger herself. It was a pre- Mother's Day Celebration cum baby shower for the new moms and moms to be under the care of Kaisahang Buhay Foundation. KBF is a non-government organization that offers different programs and services for the welfare and development of expectant single moms and their children. Aside from providing the basic needs of these moms (like shelter and medical necessities), KBF also meets their emotional and spiritual needs by rendering counseling.

Food, Give-away, Donation, Etc.

I was happy to be able to meet great people and adorable babies. I would say that everything (food, give-away, donation, program) and what transpired that afternoon were good. Two special people (mother and son) though tugged at my heart, made me cry and gave me these insights.

It matters not whether it's your first or eighth baby; a mother is always a new mom when a new baby comes.
 
Mommy H is not a first time mom. She has already 7 children from a previous marriage.She entrusted them to her mother's care back in the province so she could work in Manila and provide for them. Then it happened. She got pregnant by another man and although the man was man enough to take full responsibility for what had happened, she couldn't agree with him to live with him and "leave" her 7 children. More than a week ago, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. And just like every "new mom", she wants the best for her baby; has big dreams for her little man and wanting to give him the best that she could give.

A baby is always a blessing.

I believe that babies are like mornings. They are God's way of telling us that He has not given up on us (mankind) yet. Therefore I say, a baby is always a blessing, no matter what. The newborn babies were the first one to greet me when I entered the door of Nazareth Home. My heart melted as I looked at them. So precious. Then I got to meet and hold the little man of Mommy H. He is so handsome! As much as Mommy H loves him, sadly she cannot keep him. She has lots of "what ifs" in her mind. However, she is thinking of entrusting him to someone or a couple who will be able to provide for her little man. With this thought she is also hoping that one day she will see him again. As I listened to her, my tears just welled up in my eyes and began to trickle down my cheeks. I could feel the pain inside. Looking at her baby I felt like he was my own and couldn't bear the fact that he'd be taken away from her. All I could say at that time was, "You know, baby ____ is a blessing to you. Let's ask the Lord to show you what His perfect will for you and baby ___. I know He only wants the best for both of you."

Adorable Babies

One can always extend a helping hand.

Although I brought some "gifts" for the "girls" of Nazareth Home, at that time I felt like those were not enough. More than the material blessings, I believe they also need emotional support and spiritual guidance. Before I said goodbye to Mommy H and her little man, I offered to pray for them. I knew it was the best gift that I could give them. I also assured her that I would be praying for her and the baby even after that event.

When I came home I told my husband about the event and my one-on-one moment with Mommy H. I expressed my desire to go back to Nazareth Home and give whatever we could to Mommy H and her little man. I'm so blessed to have a husband who does not only believe in me but supports me. One of these days I'll go back to Nazareth Home together with my husband and our baby.

I Heart Being a Mom event was a new and first one for me. I am so thankful that I had been chosen to be one of the mommy bloggers to witness (and blog) it. Thank you JLo for making this possible. Heartfelt gratitude also goes to those who helped and supported this event.



Sisters' Sweetness

M Catering & Fine Foods
Party Boosters
King Sue Ham
KidiKraft
Tickled Moms
Digital Filipino

Mommy Bloggers together with Ms. Mae (Resource Speaker)


I hope that this is not the last. I am looking forward to seeing (and being a part) of more cause-oriented and blog worthy events.

No comments:

Post a Comment