Monday, February 24, 2014

The Greatest Love

One of the verses in the Bible that touches me is in the 15th chapter of the Book of John, specifically, verse 3. It says there, "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." Just imagine that, a friend laying down his/her life for you, isn't that awesome? As a mom, I know this is not incomprehensible. Every mother (my mom included) will lay down her life, at all costs, for her precious child/children. But to think of a friend doing it for you? Well that must really be love.

I know of that One friend who had laid down his life for me and you. He died the most excruciating kind of death though he didn't deserve it. He gave his life because he loves us. He took what was supposed to be given to us. It is not because we are worthy of it, no, not at all. It is simply because of his unfathomable love. Actually, I cannot grasp the depth of his love for us. When I think about it, I wonder and ask, "How could you do that for me? I'm not even as good as a friend can be, yet you have loved me." One song I know that captures my thought:

You loved me 
When I was so unlovely
You sought me 
When I was lost

You showed me
How much you really loved me
When you bought me
At the highest cost. 

There's no greater love than this
There's no greater love than this
That a man would give his life for a friend
There's no higher sacrifice
Than a man would give his life
You have paid a precious price for me.

No Greater Love by Don Moen

Today, I hope you find this greatest love from Jesus. He has made it available for you. It's free for the asking. All you need to do is to come as you are. He has been waiting.



No comments:

Post a Comment